Jump to recipe
Soft, chewy, Healthy Pumpkin Granola Bars. Bursting with real pumpkin, oatmeal, and a blend of spices. Almonds and pumpkin seeds give them a little extra crunch that is sure to delight any pallet.
Happy Sunday! This week we’re changing things up a bit at Elizabeth’s Home, and here we are, posting on a new day. I hope you have been having a wonderful and relaxing weekend just like we’ve been having. Sometimes we love to be busy and in the “go, go, go” mode, but other times it’s so nice to not have any big plans. This was definitely a “lay low” weekend for us, and gosh was it needed!
We did however, have a wonderful lunch with my parents yesterday, at their house. We live a little less than 2 miles from them, and what a blessing that is. We love having them over to our house, and we love going over there. It’s always fun to have a change of scenery and for the boys to play with some new toys. I totally appreciate it when my parents offer to have us over for a meal. It is such a nice little chance of pace, and a well-needed break sometimes. I guess that’s part of being a parent, spoiling your kids, even after they are grown.
Yesterday at lunch we were talking about these healthy pumpkin granola bars, that William and I created earlier this week. Not only did they receive rave reviews in this household, but my parents were bragging about them as well!
The best part about them, besides how amazing they taste, is how healthy they are. You don’t have to think twice about reaching for seconds, or gasp, even thirds, of these Healthy Pumpkin Granola Bars. These bars will leave you filled up, but not weighed down. They are great in the morning, as a snack, or even as a slightly sweet end to the perfect meal. I love them with a big glass of milk!
Healthy Pumpkin Granola Bars
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla, until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture, and stir together using a rubber spatula. Continue mixing until the oats are well coated.
- Line an 8x8" square baking pan with two sheets of overlapping parchment paper, and allow the paper to extend past the sides. (One sheet should run horizontal, the other vertical. Make sure the paper sticks out a bit on all four sides. This will help to lift the bars out of the pan after cooking.)
- Pour granola mixture into prepared pan, and using a rubber spatula, spread granola out evenly, and press down firmly into pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in pan. Then, using the excess parchment paper, gently lift bars from pan, and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, move bars to cutting board, and with a sharp knife, slice into 8 rectangles, or 16 squares.
- Store bars in an airtight container, separate layers with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
Copyright © 2014 Elizabeth’s Home LLC