These quick and delicious Breakfast Quesadillas are super easy to make and have endless possibilities. Grab some eggs, large tortillas, shredded cheese and whatever other additions your heart desires. They come together in minutes and make an excellent option for the busy weekday rush, or whip up a platter of them to enjoy for a weekend morning family meal.
You can eat these Breakfast Quesadillas as is or even dip them in salsa or guacamole. Other additions could include sliced or diced avocado, black beans, other cheeses, peppers, onions, sausage, ham, or bacon…. The options go on and on and on! Whatever you choose to add, you really can’t go wrong with scrambled eggs, melted cheese and other goodies sandwiched between a crispy tortilla. Yum!
- 1 large burrito sized tortilla
- Butter or cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (Mexican blend, cheddar or Monterey Jack)
- 1 small tomato, diced (without juices)
- In a medium sized frying pan, add butter or cooking spray and once hot, add eggs and scramble until cooked but still soft. Remove eggs to a small bowl and set aside.
- Wipe out pan with a damp paper towel and place tortilla in pan.
- Sprinkle cheese over the entire tortilla and cook on low heat until cheese is almost melted.
- Add the eggs and tomatoes to half of the tortilla, and then fold the cheese half over, on top of the tomato half. Cook on medium-high heat for one minute and then carefully flip and cook quesadilla for an additional minute on the remaining side until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove quesadilla to a plate or cutting board and allow it to rest for a minute and then slice into four equal parts and serve.