Pancakes. Pancakes. Pancakes. Pan CAKES. Moist, doughy, deliciousness covered in syrup. What could be better than waking up on a Saturday morning to the smell of fresh, homemade pancakes from scratch? Nothing! Unless you are my husband and got to sleep in for two hours while the boys and I were hard at work perfecting these classic pancakes.
William and I wore our matching aprons and James played in the pack ‘n play. James offered his advice every now and then with his adorable waves and laughs. William has become such a huge help in the kitchen and loves “dumping” in the ingredients. (He even has his own miniature whisk and spatula!) We whipped up this batter in no time and had a blast doing it. I even let William add chocolate chips to his pancakes, and he was ecstatic that he could have chocolate for breakfast. The boys and I enjoyed more than our share of pancakes, but all of that cooking sure made us hungry!
This is our favorite quick and easy, go-to recipe for pancakes that I love! These pancakes are delicious the next day, and even freeze well, too!
Thick and fluffy pancakes that are perfect for Saturday morning or anytime.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk and vanilla together. Stir in melted butter.
- Gradually stir wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Stir until just combined. (Batter should be lumpy)
- Using a griddle pan or large skillet over medium-low heat, grease pan with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto preheated pan, keeping about an inch between them. Cook for about 3-5 minutes (until many bubbles appear on one side) and then flip. Continue cooking until pancakes are golden brown, about 1 or 2 more minutes. Serve warm with syrup. (Remember to keep pan well-greased between batches)
Copyright © 2014 Elizabeth’s Home LLC